Creating A Breeze Meeting _____________Tech Tip
A Breeze Meeting allows a user to lead a virtual meeting through voice, video, text, and other media. A meeting gives the Host overarching control over the experience while effectively communicating ideas, documents, and media to attendees. A meeting also allows other users to act as presenters, with the host remaining in control of their presentation privileges. Users will generally need a URL (or web address) or a direct l ink to the meeting to access and participate in the meeting. A meeting can also be set to appear in a user’s “ Scheduled Meetings” field.
- Login in to breeze.ucdavis.edu
- Select “New Meeting” from the “Create” menu on the left of the screen.
- Add participants and fill in necessary information.
- Enter the room.
- Navigate to “http://breeze.ucdavis.edu” with your web browser. Please note that you will need Macromedia’s Flash Plug-in installed in your browser to use Breeze. For more information on using Flash and other browser plug-ins, please see the Browser Plug-ins Tech Tip.
- Enter your Breeze login information in the appropriate fields to the left of the Breeze window, then click “Login.”
- Click on the “New Meeting” link from the “Create” Menu, located on the left of the Breeze window.
- Next, enter all required information in the appropriate field.
- Start Time- The time and date when the meeting will be open to meeting participants .
- You may also use a “ Custom URL” to link to your meeting. This allows users to more easily remember the online location of the meeting.
- Required fields are marked by a red asterisk.
- Click the “Next ” button when you’ve entered the details of your Breeze meeting.
if you don’t wish to add Participants now, then you can click the “Finish ” Button.
- To add meeting Participants, you can select the User’s name or the User group from the “Available Users and Groups” field , then click the “Add” button.
- If a User you wish to invite is not present, they may not have a user name and password. To participate in a Breeze meeting, you must have a UCDavis Breeze account.
- Groups are represented by an icon depicting two figures, and individuals appear with only one .
- Users you invite to your meeting will be moved to the “Current Participants F or Meeting Name ” field, located to the right of the “Available Users and Groups ” field.
- To set Permissions for each User, select the User or Group name, and then click “Permissions.” The following options will appear:
- Host- Host Permissions grant full privileges and control of all features , allowing a User to add participants, edit the layout of the meeting, alter the Permissions of other Users, etc .
- Presenter - Presenter Privileges allow a User to share their screen and use each Pod’s features.
- Participant- the most basic privilege level, Participant Permissions allow participation mainly through the meeting’s chat function . Virtually all Permissions for users of this class are under the control of the Host.
- Once you’ve finished inviting your desired participants and set Permissions for your meeting, click “Next” .
- Once you have added your Participants, you will be presented the option to send invitations to each of your Participant . The meeting Host may send a brief email to:
- All Hosts, Presenters and Participants
- Host Only
- Presenters Only
- Participants Only
- Use the Text Input area to compose the contents of your invitation email . This Message Body will be sent to the Participants you selected in the “To:” field.
- You may also add a Subject line to your Invitation Email in the “Subject ” field.
- Click the “Finish” button on the bottom of the window to send you invitation to the selected Participants and create your meeting.
- The Meeting Information Screen should appear with your meeting’s basic information .
- To enter the meeting, click the “Enter Meeting Room” button.